Thursday, June 9, 2011

Drain is outta here! - June 8th

I spoke to my surgeon on Tuesday and he recommended I have the drain removed due to the pain, infection, and lenght of time it has been in.  So, Wednesday, I had an appointment for 1:00 and was out by 1:30.  There wasn't any pain on removal.  There is much less pain in my leg now - I did not realize it was irritating me internally.  This is great progress. I get to shower without tying the reservoir to my leg.  I don't have to change gauze twice a day (remember, it leaked).  I just need to keep an eye on any build-up of fluids.

I still limp a bit.  I will be working on my gait and posture as well as doing therapy with my Lymphedemic Therapist.  The two new areas where moles were biopsied still sting a bit.

More good news - the trip to Vermont to bury my dad's ashes is "on" for Father's Day weekend.  I need to take breaks every two hours to do some stretching, then put my leg up when I get there.

NEXT STEPS: Get the pathology report from Mole biopsy. Pick up compression stocking. Make appt with therapist.  Get 2nd opinion from HUP on 6/21.

PSYCHE:  Feel untrapped and ready to get moving!