Bloodwork - returned to normal range except for lymphocites.
I had a great visit with my doctor at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP). I "donated" my unused meds and needles so they can be used to get someone started, or help someone who didn't place their order on time. My doctor moved me to a scan every six months because the cancer was not deep, and only three lymph nodes were microscopically effected. He is confident that a move to six months will be fine. It certainly is fine with me! It is strange: going from
A few minor downsides: My left leg is still numb from the knee to the groin on the top left to inner thigh. This will not go away. I started tremoring two months ago and decided to mention it. If the tremors get worse in the next month, I need to call HUP and set up an appointment with a neurologist. The doctor said my body has been through quite a shock, and that includes the nervous system. But, the treatments may have unmasked some underlying problem (Traz has intentional tremor, and my father shook quite a bit - we always thought he was nervous!) My hair is still pretty thin, but my comb over from the back is working fine. I love food again. So, I have gained back 5 pounds of the 10 I lost.
So, it is back to "greta-mode" trying to cut down my meal portions, and exercising daily (when possible). I still only work 3 days a week, but have notified my management team that I am available for more hours on Tues and Thurs. Speaking of work.... they had a nice luncheon for me to celebrate my completion of treatments, and my manager bought me flowers. They are a great group of people!
I will try to update next month, after I decide about how the tremors are going.
Peace,
Greta
No comments:
Post a Comment