Friday, June 29, 2012

Last injection tonight!

I am having a hard time thinking about being "done".  It probably won't hit me until Sunday or Monday (which is the time I usually start to dread my next shot.)  One more tonight.   I already threw out my container that I use to hold my meds in the refridge.  It was a cute container that said "Hang in There" and came from my brother Steig.   I probably could have kept it and used it, but it was just too good of a feeling throwing it out!  Done!   Saturday, I will rearrange a few drawers and clear off my vanity countertop.  Out with the syringes and needles and bandaids and alcohol swabs.

This posting will pay tribute to my family.   Julia called me almost daily when I first was diagnosed.  Lori called just as frequently.  My mother called occasionally and seemed like she was careful about what she said.  What do you say to someone just diagnosed with Cancer?  Dave and Pat called more frequently to see how I was doing.  Jeff stayed in touch through texting and e-mail.  His wife Kathy is now undergoing Cancer treatments.  My brother Kurt called with his wife Gwen (she was also getting over some cancer treatments and surgery).  Karen e-mailed some support and advice.  Lee called occasionally to say "Hey Gret, what's up."  So, thanks to my family for staying in touch!

I almost forgot about the cousins!  So many to thank.  Aunt Dot, Cousin Kris, Cousin Karen, Cousin Maria, Kathy Holderman ....  the hard thing about this is that you leave people out.  Please everyone, just know that your calls and cards were great.

Peace,

Greta

No comments:

Post a Comment