I got a follow up call that frustrated me. The woman asked how I was doing. I was so happy to hear a voice from the hospital with a follow up call. She asked how my arm was doing, was it swelling? Interesting. I explained the groin surgery did not effect my arm. She explained that all she gets is an instrument request slip from surgery and makes her follow up calls from that. Most lymph node biopsies are for breast cancer and come from the arm. Okay. We moved on to pain meds. She asked how a certain pain med was working for me and guessed at what the doctor prescribed. She did not have a clue. I was on Tylenol 3 and had taken a few, but not many. I asked her what general anesthesia was used. She did not know. I asked her about the ridiculous amount of swelling above my knee. She did not know. I hung up a bit agitated that I bothered to get up for the phone.
I went to work the next day and left early because I was tired. I came home and my left leg was in pain from the pulling of the skin and the compression of the muscles due to swelling. I called the doctor’s office and the nurse told me to put my leg up and call in two days if still swollen.
NEXT STEP: Call for results on Friday..
MY PSYCHE: Worried.
No comments:
Post a Comment