Saturday, May 14, 2011

Biopsy Results – May 6th

I called the doctor’s office at Noon and the nurse said she would send a message to the doctor’s phone to call me because the pathology report was back.  He called me at 3:30 with the news that two lymph nodes showed cancer.  He stated that it was good that only 2 were involved and the cancer was found in the same sectioning/view on each….. white noise.  I had some difficulty focusing.  I was brought right back to earth when he mentioned surgery to remove all my lymph nodes from the area.  I protested that I was so swollen now, and there was not guarantee that this operation will rid me of cancer, and what was my quality of life going to be?  What about biking, jogging, skiing, kayaking – I am not a stay at home sit at home mom!  He mentioned a brain scan,
PET CT
scan and hadn’t my oncologist ordered those?  No.  I explained that I was frustrated that my next set of appointments were not until May 17th and I could not wait that long to move my treatments along. I hung up with him and digested the information and my future.

On Monday May 9th , I called both him and my oncologist.  My surgeon was only holding office hours on Friday, so I could not move my next Tuesday appointment up.  My oncologist works Tuesday through Thursday, so I could not speak with her.  Everyone was friendly.  I expressed my frustration.  They all took numbers for call backs.  My surgeon called back and explained he had spoken to my oncologist on Friday and called in orders to have my brain MRI and full body PET-CT scan.  I needed to work with Tracey to follow through with the orders.  I worked through the insurance pre-certification, and scheduling of appointments on Weds.  Thursday the insurance co. gave the green light.  Friday I was good to go.

NEXT STEP: Continue to recover.

MY PSYCHE: No more nutsing around with appointments.  Get ‘er done!

No comments:

Post a Comment