Saturday, May 14, 2011

Clean as a Whistle

I came home from work to find a message on my machine (had I not left my cell number as the primary contact point?).  My pathology report came out showing no signs of melanoma.  I listened to the message a few times. I was thrilled, but confused.  It was not logical.  My biopsy showed cancer “to the margin” meaning: we did not get it all.  My dermatologist stated he did not “get it all”.  We discussed going back in to get it all if we needed to, but not during the initial biopsy.  The “mole” was still visible deep into the skin.  The dermatologist commented “Wow, this went really deep”.  How can my Re-Excision show nothing!  Not a single cancer cell? My surgeon stated that my immune system could have fought the cancer and obliterated it.

NEXT STEP: Go to Oncologist appointment.

MY PSYCHE: This I wanted to be a believer, but my gut told me otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment