Monday, May 23, 2011

4 days after Surgery - Graphic edition

I am doing okay.  I really don't mind laying around.  I am tired.  I believe it is because all of the anesthesia has worn off.  Also, I am starting to get feeling back in my leg (it had been numb from the knee up).

MEDS: Really enjoy the percocet, but am taking two at night only (one when I am ready to snooze, and one when I awaken in mild pain at night).  Really, the pain is mild.  I take them out of fear - don't want the pain to be crippling.

DRAIN: Keeps getting clogged and kinked.  I need to keep an eye on it.  Seems okay because there is little swelling.  It looks a bit strange just coming out of my skin.

Not exactly sure if it was the anesthesia, or the percocet, but I am a bit backed up.  Gave birth through my anus on Sunday.  It was a healthy 5 pounder. Now I drink fiber, eat fiber, and would breathe fiber if I could!  We really don't want to go there again.....

NEXT STEPS: Should have pathology report by Friday.  I wonder how many little buggers they found....

Peace, Love, and Happiness to all.  I am grateful to have the family, friends, and neighbors support!  Everyone has been great.

Greta