Sunday, June 24, 2012

3 Injections to go!

One week left.  Wow!  I am already figuring out how to rebuild my strength with running, biking, swimming and weight workouts.  The real kicker for me would be an Aerobics class.  I couldn't keep up with them even before my treatments!

Today I decided to pay tribute to Traz.  He is typical male - internalizing his feelings.  But, I know he was in tune with what was going on.  He learned to wait on mom a bit and he has shown how helpful he can be.  He is a sensitive, caring person and I have to pat ourselves on the back a bit, for raising him that way.  Don't get me wrong, he still has his teen moments and his struggles socializing.  As far as my treatment is concerned, he gets five stars.  He especially earned them on Monday, July 11th 2011.  I had my first treatment, then later that day, my PICC line "installed".  It was rush hour in Philadelphia and Traz got thrown into driving "feet first".  He had just finished his 6 hours of driving instruction and was on his learner's permit.  He had to do a right merge onto the Schuylkill Expressway and deal with rush hour drivers.  I told him to listen carefully and slam the gas when I said go, or slam the brake if I said stop.  I had to yell stop because an a-hole wouldn't give us a gap to move over.  Traz decided he did not want to drive in the city, EVER.

Peace to you all!

Greta

No comments:

Post a Comment